Where: A week at Fish and Cross Ranch in Yampa, Colorado
When: June 9 – 15, 2019
Leader Team: Marc Funk, Bruce Zeiser, Steve Stark, Andy Cornett
Brief Description: Taking dads and one daughter or son to Colorado for a week-long ranch trip.
- Goal: to give dads an intentional, deep opportunity to reconnect and bond with early/mid adolescent kids (age 13-16), focus on the good news, and bless them in and for this phase of life.
- Why this: an outdoors experience with a Christ-centered ministry does a wonderful job of creating opportunities for mutual bonding and growth.
- Why now: there’s a ground swell among a core group of dads and we want to capitalize on it. This trip is an experiment: we are exploring this as a potential long-term investment for our church as a way to build a “rite-of-passage” moment for kids and dads. We’re inviting you to be part of that exploratory team and go though it with us, learn with us, and help us shape this for future years.
- Details: Fish and Cross ranch provides all gear – this is camping, but rather luxe and all things provided for and set up. The setting is an outdoor Colorado wilderness ranch, range of all kinds of outdoor activities we’ll do together. The content revolves around the “Cowboy way” – a fun set of 10 principles that shape life through an identity in Christ – memorable truth, paired with key experience.
- Who can go: Dads with a son or daughter between 13-16. Maximum participation: 36 (18 pairs).
We are estimating the cost-per-person to be $800 (includes airfare). Feel free to contact Andy Cornett, Bruce Zeiser, or Marc Funk to discuss cost or payment options including the availability of scholarship funds.
Deposit: $500. Registration is only complete with a deposit.
To Register, complete the form below.
You will then be sent a confirmation email upon completion of the registration form with the forms included in that email. (If you do not receive this, please promptly contact Sydney at the church office).