Checkpoint is a simple computer-based system that allows us to offer better hospitality, safety, and security for our families and kids!
- Want the whole overview? Download the Checkpoint letter for Parents from Andy Cornett
- Want to volunteer to be part of the Welcome Teams we are creating for each ministry environment? We’d love to have your help. Sign up to join a Welcome Team here.
If you have any question about your family information (or if it changes at all), please call the church office: 886-2190.
New to Signal Pres?
Simply meet a Welcome Team member at a Checkpoint kiosk and fill out a paper form with the information required. One of our volunteers will get your info entered right away and take care of you that morning. You’ll have a record for that day in Checkpoint so you’ll be good to go any and every time you return!
Regular at Signal Pres?
You can use the Checkpoint kiosks mounted on the wall to check your family in. They are touch-screen monitors with a user-friendly interface. Should you encounter trouble at any time, simply ask a Welcome Team member or speak with a staff person.
- When you arrive, please go to a Checkpoint Kiosk mounted on the wall or at a desk.
- Look up your family by last name or phone number.
- Make the appropriate selection for which children you would like to check in.
- If you are in Nursery or Children’s Ministry, take the two name badges that come out of the label printer. Each badge will have the child’s name, parent name(s), a unique security ID# (the same for your whole family that day), and an emergency contact #. (Please note: we are not using name badges for middle or high school students).
- • Place one name badge on your child and keep the other for yourself or a spouse. You must keep a name badge for use when you check out your child.
• Please walk your child to his or her classroom. The teacher or leader at the door will double-check to see that your child has a name badge.
• When picking up your children, go directly to each child’s classroom. Your child’s teacher will match the code on your child’s name badge with the one on your copy of the badge. Once the match is verified, your child will be released to you.
• The teacher or leader will keep both badges as confirmation your child has been checked out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Do I have to use Checkpoint for my children?
A: Yes, every parent of nursery or elementary school child must sign his or her children in and out using Checkpoint. Every student must use it. It’s a matter of safety and security and it allows us to better know and care for all our children.
Q: Where can we enter the building?
A: The Children’s ministry environment is on the first floor of the Cornerstone Building. You can come in under the Portico or at the Nursery/Playground entrance. You can also come down the stairway at either end from the second floor. Either way, you can’t miss the Checkpoint Kiosks and we’ll be there to greet you.
Q: Once I have checked my child in, do I have to remain on the premises?
A: That depends on the ministry environment.
- For Nursery? YES – you must be present on the Signal Pres campus at all times if you have a child in the nursery.
- For Children’s Ministry? NO – but you as a parent/guardian that day must still take responsibility to check them in and out. We do hope you will remain with us for ministry opportunities for parents and adults!
- For Student Ministry? NO – students can check themselves in or out without your presence on campus.
Q: What if I bring other children as new visitors? Or family from out of town?
A: If you know in advance you are bringing new friends or first-time visitors, you can fill out an Info Form ahead of time so we can include them in Checkpoint – that way you can check him or her in by name. If you don’t have that opportunity, just go to a staffed Checkpoint kiosk and they’ll help you with a paper form and get you squared away.
Q. Can I bring my family’s/friend’s children if he or she cannot be there? Or vice versa?
A: Of course. In that case, you’ll just check the children in under their last name and you will be the responsible adult for that day with the name badge.
Q: Why can students check themselves in or out?
A: We trust middle and high schoolers with that privilege and responsibility. We also know that that many come without a parent. We will have a Welcome Team of other students and adults to help them through the process and make sure they have no problems.
Q: Can I check my middle or high school student in down at the Nursery or Children’s Ministry area?
A: No. Students can only be checked in or out from the youth wing because that’s how we know they have actually been present. ;)
Q: Where do students enter the church?
A: The only two entrances to the Youth Wing of Signal Pres will now be by the Youth Offices (either down from the Main Office doors or the second floor hallway) or the Café Door off the patio in front of the Youth Wing. Student will be able to exit those same ways.